Engineering Jobs in Australia with expatengineer.net (site no longer active)
The Engineering Jobs Australia site promises jobs across Australia and New Zealand that are open to domestic and international job seekers.
The site is owned and run by Webjobz who own a number of generalist and specialist job boards in Australia, the USA and the UK.
Finding Jobs on Engineering Jobs Australia
A simple, welcoming home page provides you with seven immediate means to search for jobs: a keyword and location search, an Advanced Search, 'I know what I'm looking for', by industry, by job title, by company, by location and my searches.
If you click on Advanced Search from the Home Page, which is next to the blue 'Find' button, then you'll get a number of search criteria:
- Keyword or company.
- Where (location).
- Industries (the sector you are in: architecture, biotech, construction, engineering, interior design, mining, oil and gas, research and development, science, technology and utilities)
- Employment type (casual, contract, full-time, part-time, permanent and temporary).
- Sub-employment type - enables you to choose additional options, probably best left blank, as this will greatly reduce the number of job vacancies displayed.
- Once you've selected the options you want, click on the blue 'Find' button to see the list of jobs that match the criterion you have chosen.
- If you don't fill in keyword / company and where, you'll get a list of jobs based on the other options you have selected.
- Results are presented in a standard template that is clear and easy to read. If you click on a job, you can read a very brief summary of the job - to read a full description, you need to click on 'more', where you will be taken to the website that the job appears on.
Using the Job Seekers navigation bar menu, you can also browse jobs by industry, job title, employer and location.
Register with this site and you can receive email job alerts, or request updates by RSS feed. This fact isn't advertised upfront, but it seems that you can also upload your resume once you've registered.
There is also a discussion forum, where you can discuss jobs with particular companies and view plenty of other information. This site is part of the expat group, so there is good advice on working as an engineering professional or tradesperson in the oil and gas, mining, building and construction and industrial sectors.
There is also a list of professions in demand in the country. If you are considering moving to Australia, this site should certainly be on your 'regular visits' list.
|URL for job seekers||This site is not currently active|
|Type of site||Specialist - engineering|
|Specific job sectors covered||
|Coverage||Australia and International|
|Number of jobs on the site||5000|
|Jobs by email||Yes|
|Can you upload your CV / resume||Yes|
Information for Recruiters and Employers:
This specialist Australian engineering job board clearly enjoys good links with many engineering employers.
There are a number of different job advertising / posting services. There is a free option, which is great if you want to try out expatengineer.net before handing over any money.
The free option does have some limitations, your job is only posted for a maximum of 7 days compared to 60 days for the paid option. Your advert will also be checked first before it goes on their live system, which can take up to 48 hours - the paid job adverts can be up in just 15 minutes.
The free option doesn't allow job applications to be redirected to your website and you'll have other adverts surrounding your job advert.
Paying AU$100 for a single job posting or AU$630 for 30 jobs a month, gives you a 60 day listing, without someone checking your advert before it goes live, plus it's up in 15 minutes after you've posted it. You can have your own branding, job applications redirected to your website and no other adverts surrounding your job.
There is also an opportunity to purchase banner adverts across any of Webjobz websites, plus you can purchase access to their CV / resume database.