How to Get the Best Out of Adzuna Australia
Adzuna is an incredibly useful Australian job search engine that can track down every job in Australia for you.
The website address is listed further down this page, but first you'll discover how to get the best out of the website, so you quickly find the job you desire, whether you're seeking temporary, permanent or contract jobs, a working holiday or to emigrate to Australia.
Searching on Adzuna
- Right from their home page, you can start searching for jobs, by entering the type of job, job title or company name, plus your desired location (either as a city, state or postcode).
- The Advanced Search facility is easy to locate - it's bottom right in the main search box. This gives you far more options, you can conduct a search based on the words you enter, company name, salary range, contract type / hours, location and date posted.
- As there are so many jobs indexed by Adzuna, you might want to start with the Advanced Search, as this allows you to quickly narrow down your search to a manageable number of job vacancies.
Applying For Jobs
- Once you've conducted a search, Adzuna will display the search results for you. For each job that matches your criteria, you'll get a job title, location, salary (not always displayed), a brief description and a logo for the employer / agency.
- To view further details you can either click on the job title or on 'More details'.
- A new window will open in your browser and you will then be taken to the actual site where the job is featured (remember Adzuna is a job search engine, so doesn't actually list any jobs on its own website).
- You can then apply for the job on the employer / recruiter's own website using your CV / resume.
- If you need an impressive CV / resume to considerably improve your interview chances, then see our CV writing services.
- To return to Adzuna's website you can either close the window that they opened or select Adzuna's tab in your web browser.
Creating Free Job Alerts on Adzuna Australia
- Once you've searched for jobs on Adzuna, you'll get a pop-up asking if you would like to create a free job alert. You just need to enter your email address.
- There is also a grey box at the top and bottom of the search results where you can type in your email address to get the 'newest jobs' based on the search you just conducted.
- You can create as many free job alerts as you need and you can cancel them when they are no longer required.
- Adzuna have their own blog with a variety of interesting articles, which they regularly add to.
- There are also the usual social media tools to enable you to share their vacancies with other people, plus you can use their innovative 'Connect' tool to find jobs at your friends' companies (if you have a Facebook account).
|URL for job seekers||www.adzuna.com.au|
|Type of site||Generalist job search engine, covering all sectors|
|Number of jobs on the site||100,000+|
|Jobs by email||Yes|
|Can you upload your resume||No|
Info For Employers and Recruiters
- There are numerous options for both employers and recruiters to use Adzuna.
- If you have a job feed, then you can ask Adzuna to add it to their existing job search engine.
- You can advertise on Adzuna directly.
- You can suggested a new source of job vacancies for them to add to their job search engine.
- For more details see: www.adzuna.com.au/contact-us.html