How to Find and Win the Best Jobs on redgoldfish.co.uk
Owned by an independent classified advertising company Redgoldfish aims to deliver a volume job site that offers the visitor a huge number of vacancies that can be found and applied for with the minimum effort.
Featuring 44 different industry sectors it typically displays in excess of 136,000 vacancies at any one time which makes it an ideal place to find your dream job quickly. How to do this is detailed in the following information so read on and be informed!
We have also included our valuable 8 top tips for using Redgoldfish specifically; study these and you will easily and quickly learn how to get the best out of the site and find the job you want.
How to Search on Redgoldfish to Find the Best UK Jobs
- At the top of the home page there is a quick search function that asks for a job title and location. This is a very quick and simple way to start your job search.
- Top Tip #1: There is a more thorough and accurate search process accessed via the top menu on the home page www.redgoldfish.co.uk labelled 'advanced search'. This allows more criteria to be added such as job sector, more accurate geographical position, salary and other details.
- Top Tip #2: Using their 'Advanced Search' is simple as each section has a drop-down menu with multiple choice sections to choose from. The keyword search is particularly useful as is the age of the advert section - be one of the first to apply with a fresh advert!
- The results of an Advanced Search are displayed with the location, salary and date posted, plus of course the full details of the role.
- The advanced search facility can be set by job title, keyword(s), job type (full, part-time etc), location, salary or any one of these, the location for instance will identify all jobs in a certain area.
- Top Tip #3: You can simplify the search on the home page by clicking on popular locations. This will then present ALL vacancies in a defined geographical area, useful if you feel your are at a loss as to what to apply for, albeit reading through hundreds of vacancies can be time-consuming.
- Top Tip #4: Refine or reduce the search criteria to see more or less vacancies. Making your search more accurate will often reduce the number of results but they are likely to be more relevant.
- Top Tip #5: If there aren't many jobs for your particular sector displayed after you've refined your search, then try CV-Library or Reed or TotalJobs.
Making Job Applications via Redgoldfish
- Once you see an advert via the search option click on the job title to see an expanded and more detailed view (and a much better description). This will also identify who placed the advert on the bottom left - click on the 'Apply Now' button to make your application.
- You will now be asked to complete your personal contact details, email address and tick boxes to say you are legally entitled to work in the UK. Uploading your CV and pasting your cover letter in is part of this process. Clicking the submit button automatically registers you and allows your CV to be viewed by recruiters.
- Top Tip #6: Ensure you select / deselect the boxes at the end of this section depending on whether you want emails to tell you about further vacancies.
- Top Tip #7: To avoid automatic registration and retain more control of email notifications you have to register separately before applying for any jobs. This can be done by clicking on the top menu button on the home page.
- This is a more detailed version of the application process. Here you can say more about what you want to be notified about via emails - or not if you so choose.
- Clearly a top-notch and relevant CV and Cover Letter is of paramount importance when making applications - if not you may be wasting a good job opportunity.
- Bradley CVs professional CV writing service can really help you, as they have the experience and expertise to skilfully produce a distinctive CV that will crush your competitors.
Avoid Repetitive Requests by Setting Up Automated Email Notifications
- Top Tip #8: To save you having to visit www.redgoldfish.co.uk frequently it is possible through the registration process to request vacancy notifications by email.
- Simply add the requested search parameters on the registration page and you will receive relevant new vacancies straight to your inbox regularly.
Other Resources on Redgoldfish
- There are a number of useful resources on Redgoldfish's website, full details can be accessed in their top navigation bar by clicking 'All Services'.
- There are many useful features here under 13 headings that vary from advice on resigning to psychometric testing and training.
- Recruiter Services offers a selection of services and software for recruitment agencies, plus insurance, website design, payroll and other back office services.
|URL for job seekers||http://www.redgoldfish.co.uk/|
|Type of site||Generalist job site covering multiple sectors|
|Specific job sectors covered||
|Geographical coverage||UK and worldwide.|
|Number of jobs on the site||136,000 at the time of writing|
|Jobs by email||Yes|
|Can you upload your CV||Yes|
Info For Employers / Recruiters on RedGoldFish.co.uk
- You can post a job on Redgoldfish for as little as £79 + VAT.
- CV Library.co.uk
- TipTopJob.com / TipTopJob.co.uk
- Generalist job sites in the UK
- IT job sites in UK
- Specialist job sites in UK 'A' to 'H'
- Specialist job site in UK 'I' to 'Z'
- GisaJob.com / Gisajob.co.uk now part of Fish4
- WorkThing.com also part of Fish4