USA Jobs and Careers
Below, you'll find our definitive list of some of the best job sites in the USA.
These US sites will allow you to upload your resume and search for jobs based on a number of different criterion, such as your job title, your industry or sector, plus of course salary and location.
The land of opportunity is huge of course and across the length and breadth of America there is a massive variance in cultures. Each state does things in a slightly different way and this may impact on employment as well.
There are a lot of useful US resources below to get you started on finding a job in the USA.
Clearly proper research would be advisable before deciding on which part of the country you would want to work in.
Certain parts have a reputation for sector specialism, 'Silicon Valley' for example has a vast range of cutting-edge Tech companies including start-ups, whilst Los Angeles of course is home to Hollywood movies.
There is also a more relaxed working style in the likes of companies such as Google and Apple that nurture new ideas and talent. This is a far cry from the stiff upper lip of a traditional UK-based organisation.
Visas and work permit requirements should be investigated fully and typically the acquisition of such things will be the responsibility of the job seeker.
US Job Sites
The following list is the beginning of what could be a long journey - finding a vacancy over such a large geographical spread will take some time.
- Career.com is a job search engine that lists 1000s of jobs and is powered by Indeed.com.
- At first glance this site appears to be lacking but don't be fooled! A very simple search engine on the entry page is extremely powerful - simply put a job title and location in and hey presto! A quick test produced over 5000 jobs in one state alone.
- CareerBuilder.com claims to be the largest job site in the US, with over 20 million visitors each month.
- A regular list of vacancies added today plus the normal search facilities will quickly allow you to find your ideal role in the right part of the country. There is also an additional resources section for advice and tips.
- CollegeRecruiter.com aims to connect graduates and students with jobs across the USA, boasting 100,000+ intern and entry-level jobs.
- This award-winning site features vacancies published by virtually all the US media in one place and features both fortune 1000 companies and federal agency jobs.
- Dice.com An all location and sector job board with over 70,000 vacancies.
- An excellent site with a huge number of multi-sector jobs, trending searches and vacancies from Google, Amazon and Cisco to name a few.
- Monster.com is one of the top job boards in the USA and also has an international presence covering 44 countries worldwide.
- As you'd expect from one of the largest job board groups in the world there are thousands of jobs across all of the USA on this site. Full search by sector and location, plus job alert set-up and resume uploads.
- Net-Temps.com offers temporary jobs, temp-to-permanent jobs, and full-time IT and engineering professional jobs.
- It allows free sign-up with valuable job seeker resources and fully searchable vacancies all over the United States - there's a very simple and effective search box on the home page.
- US.jobs provides a recruitment platform for employers to recruit directly across the US.
- A highly effective listing of resources for United States of America job seekers - vacancy search and advice links can also be found here.
- Other US / Canadian Sites This will take you to an additional listing of USA and Canadian vacancies and job seeker resources.
- Easy to find help for anyone looking for recruitment in the US or Canada.
Jobs Outside The USA
Further lists for other countries are available below:
- Jobs in Canada Specialist country specific information for vacancy availability in Canada.
- Jobs in UK Vacancies and job seeker hints and tips for those wanting to work in the UK.
- Irish Jobs Want to work in Ireland - this should prove invaluable for its vacancy lists and general advice.
- Jobs in Australia A long way to travel from the United Kingdom, but could be worth it for the weather and the lifestyle!