Jobs in Canada
Here's our list of the pick of Canadian job sites that we heartily recommend you check out.
To find out more about each particular job site just click on the links below for a detailed description of that site.
You'll soon know about what sectors, professions, cities and provinces each job site covers.
Emigrating from the UK (or elsewhere) is of course a big decision - be sure to seek the appropriate professional advice regarding work permits and the stipulated visa type before applying for a permanent position in Canada.
It's a multicultural society with a vibrant quality and plenty to do and see!
Accordingly it is rich in opportunity for those seeking their fortune - essentially English-speaking with some French influence there are jobs to suit everyone.
Canadian Job Sites
Listed below you will find a list of job seeker resources for the Canadian job market.
- CareerBuilder.ca A specialist Canadian job board with opportunities across Canada listed by location and sector.
- A very easy to navigate interface allows job search by location and sector with job seeker advice, hints and tips section that includes some valuable information.
- JobBank.ca A job board that includes vacancies worldwide as well as Canada, includes a variety of sectors and will provide hours of fun with all its search functions.
- A massive choice of sectors and worldwide countries with an unusual search function by company. Also includes resume uploads and daily featured jobs and the option to set up alerts.
- JobShark.ca Over 12,000 Canadian jobs in a variety of sectors and income brackets, don't be put off by the shark reference!
- Canada's oldest online job board that was set up in 1997 - has a wealth of search facilities, resume uploading and a recruiters directory.
- Monster.ca Part of the acclaimed Monster group of job boards with a Canadian flavour!
- A nice clean and clear site that makes it easy to find what you want quickly. Loads of articles and sample resumes and cover letters, plus a 'More from Monster' section that includes interview skills amongst many other topics.
- TorontoJobs.ca A specialist Canadian Job Bank as they call it, focussing on Toronto and the surrounding areas.
- All categories are included along with job seeker advice sections, resume uploads and vacancy alert facilities. Includes a career resource centre.
- Workopolis.com Catering for the Canadian job market this bright and easy-to-follow job board is certainly worth a visit.
- All the usual functions, search, resume upload and with a useful headline blog and Employer Spotlight section.
- Other Canadian / US Sites A handy list of more Canadian job seeker resources and job listings.
- For more valuable insight into the Canadian job market, vacancy availability and useful other country-specific links.
Jobs Outside Canada
Of course you may be looking to secure a position somewhere else other than Canada - if so the links below might be of use to you as they include a variety of locations worldwide:
- Jobs in UK A comprehensive listing of resources for vacancies that are based in the UK, plus a variety of hints and tips relevant to the United Kingdom marketplace.
- Jobs in Australia If you fancy working in Oz, then this must be your first port of call - specialist Australian job sites, country specific hints and tips and many other useful resources.
- USA Jobs The mighty United States of America has much to tempt ambitious job seekers. Here you will find an invaluable list of websites that offer both advice and job listings by location and sector.
- Irish Jobs Ireland always will have its own unique charm and this extends to working there as well. Here you will find a list of sites that contain all the information you will need to find and apply for a job in Ireland.