Job Sites in UK
The job sites below will help you in your search to find a job in the UK and we've listed both generalist sites that have jobs from all sectors, plus specialist sites that focus on just one or two sectors.
Today, the majority of job seekers will use on-line jobs sites like these to search for a new role.
This has proved quicker, more convenient and cheaper than having to purchase printed newspapers and specialist magazines that dealt with all the required jobs in the desired location.
- There's access to 1 million jobs on our jobs in UK section of our website (if you added up all the jobs listed on the job sites we recommend).
Getting the Best Out of the UK Job Sites Listed Below
- The trick is to understand how to use their search functions in order to narrow your required options - otherwise you will have too many jobs to look at.
- Make sure you take full advantage of each job site's advanced search facilities to enable you to select the most relevant jobs based on job category, location, salary, etc.
- Setting up an email or text alert is also a good thing as long as you do not keep ignoring them - again accuracy when initiating these will yield better and more useful results.
Should You Upload Your CV to These Job Sites?
- It's normally a good idea to upload your CV to the main job sites that you are planning to use for your job search. This makes it quicker to apply for jobs on the sites and you'll normally have to register anyway before they allow you to apply for jobs.
- Another good reason to register is that you'll be able to set up email alerts, so that you are informed whenever a new job has been posted on the site by an employer / recruiter that matches the type of job that you are looking for.
- When your uploading your CV, make sure that it is as good as it can be, otherwise someone else will be getting the interviews instead of you.
- If you need a better CV, then see our professional CV writing service.
- You might also want to check out our section on how to write a CV.
Here is Our List of Job Sites in the UK
The sites listed below include both generalist and specialist job sites in the UK.
- Total Jobs One of the largest and also one of the most established generalist job boards in the UK.
- A phenomenal number of vacancies (150,00 plus) covering every conceivable sector and discipline. Easy to navigate and get the drilled down shortlists you require and to set up email alerts that are relevant.
- Fish4 Jobs This used to be a local function that was almost an extension of newspaper job adverts - now much improved though with national UK coverage.
- All the major sectors are covered albeit they are sometimes more 'bread and butter' job types rather than high-level niche roles. An easy search facility allows sector and postcode input.
- Job Site One of the first job boards and still one of the largest handling 200,000+ vacancies per month.
- As you would expect this is a very comprehensive site with excellent search facilities, plenty of constantly changing vacancies, plus an email alert function. There is also a useful Careers Advice section and an interesting blog that is updated frequently.
- Anne Ellington Associates A specialist recruiters job board dealing in event and conference management.
- Here you will find all of Anne Ellington's vacancies and the option to upload your CV for recruiters in the event management sector to view. There is also a very comprehensive section with lots of advice for the job seeker.
- Medical and Healthcare Jobs This is a portal site with a huge amount of useful resources not just for medical and healthcare professionals but everyone.
- There are medical and healthcare vacancies in the UK and worldwide as well as a massive support section with advice and hints and tips for job seekers. It really is a one stop shop for everything!
- Bluefire Recruitment - UK events recruitment An ISO 9000 approved recruitment agency that deals with all sectors in the UK.
- They also have a specialist 'Headhunter' division for those upmarket high-end professional roles. Recruiters that know what they are doing allied with a desire to offer enhanced customer service.
- Clearly Secretarial & Admin Jobs They are a specialist job board dealing with admin, clerical and receptionist type vacancies in London and the UK.
- A job type, salary and location search function ensures that you get accurate results plus access to 27 relevant sectors that all have admin or clerical requirements. There is even an after work section for things to do in the evening.
- Recruitment for Schools EduStaff is an REC Audited educational recruitment agency that recruits teachers, school leaders and support staff for schools in the UK and abroad, including primaries, secondaries and Special Educational Needs (SEN).
- There are 1000s of jobs on this site and you can quickly create your own shortlist of jobs that you would like to apply for, plus there's an advanced search function and community / careers advice pages.