IT Job Sites in UK
If you're looking for an IT job, then check out the IT job sites that are featured below.
The IT industry is very fast-paced and by its title covers a very diverse range of so called sectors.
As the name implies anything to do with Information Technology, which today is just about everything!
Because of this it can be very difficult to pin down a particular specialist vacancy.
The IT field is huge and there is a plethora of organisations touting advice and vacancies within this sector. Non IT job links can be seen here: Job Sites.
Is it Worth Registering With The IT Job Sites Below?
If you register with the IT job sites listed below, then you can set up job alerts for the type of jobs that interest you and the sites will then email you when suitable jobs are posted on the site.
Getting advanced warning will enable you to apply without having to rush, so you'll have a bit more time to tailor your CV and cover letter to the job, meaning you'll stand a far better chance of landing an interview (the closer you match the job the better your chances).
Registering means that you can upload your CV, which you can make visible to employers and recruiters if you want to. You can also make it private, so no one else can view it apart from you.
IT jobs aren't always that easy to fill, so a lot of employers and recruiters spend time looking through CV databases - if your CV isn't there, you may miss out, so it makes sense to allow recruiters to view your CV. But don't rely on this, be proactive and keep applying and searching for jobs directly yourself.
IT Job Sites and Other Valuable Resources
Here are several useful resources for both jobs and IT-related services:
- Job Serve The original source for IT jobs and a founder member of the original Internet job board representatives.
- Although biased towards IT jobs they also have a search function for all the 'normal' sectors as well. If your penchant is for constant information feeds then they have a specialist Android app that will turn your device into a portable recruiter!
- Computer Jobs / IT Jobs A specialist IT job site covering all the major disciplines, including both contract and permanent jobs from agencies and employers.
- Has an additional IT acronym search by sector function, for example if you wanted a .Net type role you can search for it! If you want to attract specialist recruiters but you don't necessarily want to apply for a job then simply upload your CV for the recruiters to see.
- Contractor Umbrella Companies From Gabem A lot of IT staff are in fact contractors and not direct employees. Gabem provide tax and national insurance compliant solutions for contractors.
- They offer an umbrella 'employed' service that offers many advantages to a sole trader in the IT business. Their 14 years of expertise takes the worry out of your hands allowing you to focus on what you do best - earning money and looking after number one!
- ContractorUmbrella.com Is another umbrella service for self-employed IT contractors.
- The site contains a wealth of useful information and hints and tips for the uninformed IT contractor. Their award-winning service is recommended by 9 out of 10 contractors and provides guaranteed levels of service that take away the burden of managing the self-employed pitfalls.
- CRM and ERP Jobs Is a software specialist recruitment site as opposed to a generalist job board.
- Here you will find any IT related jobs that involve software whether it be development, use of, selling or managing all areas are covered. They specialise in accounting software, CRM, ERP and have many vacancies that focus on these areas and their in-house recruiters are experts in these fields.
- Mount Recruitment is an IT Recruitment Agency that cares - as well as searching for vacancies they will offer advice on all aspects of IT recruitment.
- They welcome email or phone enquiries about any type of IT role - you can register your interest if there are no specific vacancies available. They are small enough to treat you well and large enough to attract all the important IT-related vacancies.
- My IT Profile Create your own anonymous IT Profile and leave it up on this site for recruiters to view.
- As well as over 5500 IT jobs there is an IT resource function with useful tips and suggestions to get you that all important job! The anonymous Profile section can unusually be accessed by anybody including recruiters free of charge - contacting these profiles requires membership.
- Plan IT IR35 Accountants were a specialist firm of accountants that supported self-employed contractors.
- With over 16 years' experience they know your field of work better than you and are better placed to offer advice and services that will be of benefit. A free telephone consultation will reveal their ability to develop a bespoke package to benefit your individual circumstances.
- Technojobs A specialist IT and technical jobs site that lists IT, telecoms, engineering and electronics jobs.
- Includes both full-time employee roles and self-employed contractor opportunities and a handy job hunting guide. They have been on-line since 1999 and currently have in excess of 20,000 IT-related vacancies that cover all the major disciplines.